Greetings Halo Fans,
It has been a few days since our the announcement of more flights going live for Halo The Master Chief Collection. With testing presently underway on both Halo: Reach PC, and more importantly, for Halo: CEA PC.
There were several key things the 343i team wanted to focus the testing on:
Halo Flight Testing Points:
Halo: Reach Updates / New Features:
- Message of the Day added
- Datacenter pings are now visible
- Push-to-talk voice chat and Push-to-talk key binding
- New crouch-while-moving behavior for mouse+keyboard
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Includes support for several missions of Single Player and Co-Op Campaign
- Multiplayer (Matchmaking and Custom Games)
- New Customization (3D model viewer)
Now that it has been several days we’re starting to get a read on how Halo: CEA is, and if it seems ready to be released or what the exact deal is. The flight included the first four campaign missions as well as support for matchmaking.
Common Halo: CEA MCC PC Flighting Issues:
- hitching animations throughout campaign
- zooming problems with pistol and sniper – mouse 2 is double-bound, changing that should fix the issue.
- sound problems with charging plasma pistol and switching weapons
- no split-screen support at launch
- fps capped at 200 fps (even with old-school graphics options selected)
Halo: CEA MCC PC Positives
Something many players really liked was the ability to tab between the new-style graphics and the old school graphics. I’ve added some example comparisons of what the game looks like on the old-school vs. new-school graphics.
Selecting of graphic mode may prove important when playing on legendary mode as the new graphics adds certain cosmetic objects to the map which could allow enemies to hide. Users may opt for the old-school graphics when playing on legendary to gain the upper-hand. You can also change the sound effects to the original version as well.
Overall the response is mainly positive, although it admittedly has its issues. Halo: CEA MCC PC is both true to the original Xbox version, bringing back that nostalgia, and is also updated to a level expected in 2020. We’re looking forward to the final product, hopefully you are too.
Halo: CEA MCC PC Release Date
We have no official date as of yet from 343i team to play Halo: CEA. With how far along the game actually is we think we should see this by the end of Feb or early March.