Postums (of the 343i production team) made an official post on the HaloWayPoint website with notes on the newly released patch. Of note is the improved mouse and keyboard response, and sound issues.
” Today a small patch is available for MCC on Xbox One and PC which addresses a few specific items the team has been working on. This update has been in development since just prior to launch and is not intended to address many of the issue’s players have been reporting. Most of the current ‘known issues’ and top areas of feedback from players are longer-lead work items that the team is continuing to investigate, and work will continue in the beginning of the new year. For the latest list of known issues and current status, please review these articles for PC and Xbox One.
Improvements to narration across the front-end interface for Xbox.
One of our top priorities is ensuring that Halo: Reach is accessible to as many players as possible. Today’s patch includes a few updates to further improve accessibility for the title.
Addressed a mechanic for mouse + keyboard players which improves precision of aiming when taking damage.
As part of our ongoing work to assess player feedback across controller and M+KB inputs, the team discovered a legacy mechanic from the original game that was contributing to negative sentiment regarding the feel and responsiveness of playing on M+KB. We have adjusted this mechanic and are interested in what the community thinks of this change. The team will continue to monitor player feedback around controller/M+KB input.
Additional small fixes:
- Fixed an issue which prevented the sound effect for unlocking a season tier from playing.
- A stat error has been fixed that was causing multiplayer kills in Halo: Reach to increase the deaths in your service record.
- A new Halo: Reach themed splash screen has been added to celebrate the inclusion of Reach, our sixth title into Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Resolved an issue that could cause players to be kicked from a matchmade game when an intermittent loss of Xbox Live connectivity occurred.
- Fixed an exploit where season items which were manually made available while Easy anti-cheat (EAC) was disabled and were able to equip them after launching on an EAC enabled exe.”