Good Morning Halo Fans,
A day has gone by and several updates from the 343i team that we need to talk about. The first update is the Happy Haloways post from Halowaypoint and second is a MCC Development Update. There’s a lot of overlap in information between the 2 posts, we’ll make sure to sum it up for you here:
- Double XP for both Halo The Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 for the rest of the year.
- Earn the “Ugly Sweater” nameplate. Earned by completing (without quitting) 10 matches on snowy multiplayer and/or Firefight maps and beating the Par Score on any two snowy Campaign missions in Campaign.
- MCC current development: audio issues, stuttering, menu performance, screen tearing/v-sync, co-op latency, EAC error messages, key bindings, mouse input, view model, crouching, balances between aim assist controller and mouse and keyboard.
- Additional MCC features: challenges, message of the day PC, Server ping list PC, push-to-talk, UI/UX Improvements, stability and bug fixes.
- Forge PC Support – progress continues.
- Halo CE: flights January.
- Halo 2: progress continues, only slightly behind Halo:CE.
We’re really excited for the ability to select a server in your region. This will really help user ping and provide a more fair player experience. They also mentioned that there are some progression system improvements so we’ll have to see what changes are being planned there.
The team specifically gave a warning to not AFK exploit during the double XP event. As we previously mentioned here the 343i has been taking this seriously, as well as swordlining and has been not afraid to issue the ban-stick to anyone not following the rules.
That’s all for now. Check back daily for all your Halo news, leaks, and updates.