Today Microsoft announced Project XCloud for iOS via their MajorNelson website. Project XCloud will allow users to play their favorite Xbox titles on iOS devices. For the Android users out there, do not worry, this is available for Android as well.
Microsoft is wanting to conduct some initial test flights of Project XCloud for iOS and wouldn’t you know it…Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be the only title available for the testing. This testing will include 10,000 participants.
Requirements for Project XCloud iOS:
- A Microsoft account (MSA) associated with your Xbox gamertag.
- An iPhone or iPad running iOS 13.0 or greater and also Bluetooth version 4.0.
- A Bluetooth-enabled Xbox One Wireless Controller.
- Access to a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection that supports 10Mbps-down bandwidth, similar to streaming video. If you are using Wi-Fi, we recommend using a 5Ghz connection.
- Optional: a third-party controller mount for phone-based gamers. They have partnered with PowerA to co-design a product which works with the Xbox One Wireless Controller.